Select a location to register for camp:
Why should I enroll my child in a Computer Camp?
- Engaging, Quality Program. Programming Computerwisekids offers a week long computer camp with other activities combined during the day. Our summer camp programs are not taught during the year in your school. As technology gains importance in our everyday lives, it is important for kids to learn meaningful and fun programming languages like: Robotics, Minecraft, Game Design Scratch programming. Besides the programming we will be teaching Photo editing and 3D drawing too. S.T.E.M learning during summer time!
- More than just computers Our camp is designed to be fun. We combine a healthy balance of indoor and outdoor activities. The other activities your child will participate in are: sports, arts, crafts and science. We have a special activity planned for each day of the week.
- Ratio 1:10 Instructor / Student ratio
- One computer per student
Do the kids learn just one Program?
Yes, The kids will learn the main program they are signed up for e.g.: Minecraft programming or Scratch, Python, Game Design or App Design most of the day.
How long will my child be using the computer during the day?
Majority of the students time at will be spent in the tech lab. The rest of the time we have sports, arts, craft and science activities planned e.g.: making slime, play dough, paper crafts, origami, dodge ball, kickball etc. See the specific camp schedule for more details Click Here
What is the Refund Policy?
Please Click Here
What are the start and end times for Camp ?
Full day camps run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Half Day camps run from 9:00-12:30 p.m. We offer Before / After Care for a fee at select locations only. Choose the appropriate option during check out. If you are running late we will provide you with a phone number to contact us.
Tell me about Before & After Care? (varies by location)
Before care starts at 8 a.m. and after care is from 3:00-5:00 p.m. The students will participate in outdoor and indoor activities during this time.
Why is camp 1 week long?
Computerwisekids has made a promise to provide a quality program. In order to make our summer program meaningful, we have chosen to offer 1 week long courses. This allows the student to learn the subject well. Each child learns at his/her own pace. Students will leave camp with a completed project to share with their parents.
Will my child learn the same course material again if I sign up for 2 weeks for the same course?
No, your child would start on a new project and continue to sharpen his/her skills. It is a very good idea to reinforce the things they have learned. All the Camps have Levels ranging from 1-3.
Do I need to buy a subscription for Minecraft?
No, you do not need to buy a subscription for Minecraft during the camp. We use a Minecraft EDU version. Students sign-in on a server set up for the camp.
Tell me about lunch and snacks?
Campers should carry their own snack & sack lunch to camp. Please make us aware of any food allergies your child may have. The camp is NOT a peanut free campus.
Tell me about the Instructors?
Our instructors are highly trained Computerwisekids professionals. During the year, they deliver the Computerwisekids Curriculum at Elementary School computer labs in various Public and Private schools in LA. The Computerwisekids Instructor has strong technical skills, an expert on the subject being taught, a fun Camp counselor and is also CPR trained.
What should my child wear to camp?
Campers should wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Since the kids will play outside we do not allow flip flops or open toe shoes of any kind.
Where should we go on the First Day of Camp?
- Check- In on the first day of camp is located at the front entrance. Check in starts at 8:45 only on the first day of camp.
- We want to meet the parent/guardian, so you MUST be present to drop off your child on the first day of CAMP.
- Camp starts at 9:00 a.m. sharp. Camp ends at 12:30 p.m. (Half day camps) and 3:00 p.m. (Full day Camps) Please be on time.
- Kids should be in closed toe shoes.
- No personal electronics allowed e.g.; games, phones, iPads.
- Send a snack & lunch, snack or lunch is NOT provided.
- Please make sure your child has applied plenty of sunscreen for outdoor activities.
Can Camp be cancelled?
It is not likely. However, we reserve the right to cancel the program due to unforeseen circumstances. 100% refund will be provided in that scenario.