Computers Inside & Out.
The Windows Desktop Vocabulary Worksheet
1. You put things in the __________ that you no longer need or want.
2. A_________________ uses graphics or pictures to help the user navigate and acess programs
3. The Start Menu and clock are found on the __________
4. The _______________ is the background screen for all the programs and contains the commands needed to access them.
Graphical User Interface
5. An ________________ is a small picture that links to a file or program
6. At the top of each window, the _____________ contains the title and buttons to close, minimize and resize.
7. Moving the ____________ up and down allows you to see all the information in a window
8. Programs and applications run inside ________ that can be opened, closed or resized.
9. The __________ is like a backdrop on your screen that can be changed.
10. Found below the menu in some windows, the _________ contains icons or options that allow you to perform specific tasks
11. The __________ contains basic operations such as run, shut down and find.
12. The _________ contains important systems controls.